Tuesday, March 22, 2011
I love all the beautiful blooming flowers and the clear blue skies. The relatively low humidity. Not so much the allergies that go with the flowering oaks and pine tree pollen, or the carpenter bees that can't get enough of the old, old cedar siding on our house. Still, Spring is really nice. Our house is surrounded by blooming azaleas, camellias, Baby's Breath, Japanese tulip trees (which smell like lemons!) and green grass. Wisteria is blooming all over town. I wish we had some in our yard too. The flowering Baby's Breath always makes it feel like a special occasion in the front yard. Like a wedding or something.
It was a perfect day to play catch and learn about making sand castles. Soon enough the beach will be our refuge, standing in the warm water up to our chins, with hats on, because everywhere you go is sticky and so hot, you don't know why you bothered to shower.
Here's to a long, mild Spring, and many more beach trips before 2011 winds down!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
My grandson turned two on Sunday. He spent the last month telling everyone "almost 2. My birt-day March Turteenth."
He wore his new shirt (which I made the night before) and we all had such a great time. Chuck E Cheese. His request. He remembered it from when he went there at 1 yr old. He got pretty much every gift he wanted: roller skates, a skateboard and baseball glove. He must think he's about 5, right? And no, we are not going to let him loose on the wheeled presents. He did get a helmet to go with them. I think he is going to have to stick to the grass in the yard with someone holding him. Hopefully he'll get the idea that they are too difficult right now and he'll be back at T-Ball, basketball and soccer. And water play. That boy LOVES water play. Here is a look back at 2 years that have gone by too fast already.
1. His true Birth Day. I was there!
2. His first trip to the pool last year.
3. A natural with tools. Helping build shelving for Nana's sewing room.
4. The water horse he made. a miracle that I caught it at just the right moment. During summer, he is wet all the time, because no matter how hot it is, he wants to be outside.
5. His beautiful Mama holding him at the party. He loves that inflatable crown. He put it on this morning and said "my burtday hat! I a king!"