Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Resurrected! The Camera, That Is.

Yeah! I got the camera working again. Fingers crossed that it lasts until I can afford an upgrade!

So here is some progress on my stash only quilt top! The pattern is "Ginger Belle" by Miss Rosie's Quilt Company. Isn't it fun? I have made 4 of the 12 double Irish chain blocks. The blocks are 15 1/2 inches! That is a lot of seams to press open! I actually made extra star blocks, so those will be on the back. Or maybe pillow shams? Yes. Pillow shams might be perfect.

The temptation to buy a really cute floral backing fabric for it is nagging at me, but I am being good. I have some yardage that will do for the backing and binding. No shopping, no shopping, no shopping. My new mantra. There are some incredible sales going on, but I will use only my stash.

Here is the fabric that was my inspiration. (There is only about a 1/2 yard left now.) It is at the center of every Irish chain block and in many of the 4 patches. It's called "Forget Me Not" by Kimberly Poloson for Robert Kaufman. I love the vintage postcards and souvenirs look of the fabric. I pulled all the other fabrics based on the colors in this one fabric. It is fun to stretch a bit. Some people might never think they could put brick and cranberry together in a quilt top, but they work because they are mixed together with so many others, and all the colors are in the inspiration piece.

What are you working on from stash? Have you ever made this pattern before? Any suggestions on a quilting design? I'd like to hear back!

1 comment:

a maidenhair fern said...

Thanks for posting your beautiful quilt. I'm making one too, only left my book with the instructions at home. I have all these squares before me. Your picture is going to help me. Beautiful fabrics.