Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pajama pants

Ten days since my last post. I have been busy and never have time to take pics to go along with my posts. Or, I should say that I very rarely get to be on the computer at home. Anyway, I've been making applique tshirts, pajama pants, quilt blocks for the Off the Grid Nine Patch and pillowcases.

I recently shopped at Hawthorne Threads and got some very cute miniature prints: Heather Ross' sea horse print in orange and Michael Miller's Teeny Tiny Zoo.  I had to make pajama pants for Tyler. He loves the fish print ones I wear and I thought I would see what tiny prints were available to make him his own.  He loves sea horses. He thinks they sound just like regular horses, so he winnies when he points to them! Ha!  He's not too awake yet in this picture, but I assure you he loves the pants and coordinating tshirt. That is supposed to be a seahorse on his shirt. Hard to tell, I know. I am getting the hang of this iron on applique stuff.

I didn't know this until now, but when you buy from Hawthorne Threads and make something, you can go back to the fabric page and post a pic of what you made - including a link to your shop! So I am hopefully driving business to my Etsy shop when people look at the pic. Guess I'll have to make some of these outfits for sale there! Using my own pants pattern, of course. Not Simplicity's.

However, for this I used a Simplicity 3650 costume pattern. Super easy. Each pair took less than half an hour from cutting to putting the elastic in. And that Heather Ross fabric feels like silk! So soft.

I hope you are enjoying the great Spring weather, like we are. It is unusually mild and not humid here for the end of April. The weather seems to be a month behind. Maybe that means a nice Summer too?

No comments: