Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Downsizing

Bookshelves are my recent internet obsessive shopping item. I need to get some that will fit in two odd spots that flank the fireplace and are surrounded by brick walls, with firewood pits below each spot. That leaves a tiny 12 inch deep ledge to sit them on and then anchor them to the brick wall behind. And I want a dark color so they don't stand out. And I don't want to pay $200 each, but the options are slim, so I don't think I can be choosy on price much.

Anyway, I stumbled across this cool site. I have never even imagined bookshelves could be so non-square. http://www.oddee.com/item_96613.aspx  Seriously, who thinks these up? Who wouldn't want the "bookman" figure shaped ones for a cool kid's room? Is it a robot or a man leaning to one side? I don't know. And how about that Autumn bookshelf? I love the look of it, but I am too organized linear to not have straight lines of books.

So, we are selling our mammoth sectional sofa, the bulky tube tv and stand and making a fun, more modern and cozy, technologically more advanced living room. Can't wait to have the new leather sofa set! The giant chair and a half that was marked WAY down to clearance it out will be my quilt binding and reading oasis!

That's it for now. I should have some quilt pics soon. I just hate to post pics of them before they are quilted and bound!

No comments: